The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills. To meet this prerequisite, you can take either of the following LogicalCHOICE courses, or have equivalent experience:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
In addition, we highly recommend that you hold the CompTIA A+ certification, or have equivalent skills and knowledge. You may want to take the LogicalCHOICE course CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) to gain those skills and knowledge.