The mobile age is upon us. More and more people are using tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices to accomplish things in their personal and professional lives. As businesses embrace this trend, they need to support their employees in the use of mobile devices while protecting their own assets, such as intellectual property.
If you are already a traditional network support technician, you’re well on the way to having the knowledge and skills needed to support the mobile workforce. This course builds on your existing knowledge and experience to provide you with critical concepts related to over-the-air technologies, wireless networking, and mobile devices.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to support mobile cellular and wireless devices. They will:
- Configure over-the-air technologies.
- Apply RF principles.
- Implement a wireless network infrastructure.
- Implement network infrastructure devices and services.
- Implement mobile solutions.
- Prepare the enterprise for a mobile network.
- Deploy mobile devices.
- Implement mobile device operations.
- Maintain mobile device operations.
- Deploy mobile applications and related technologies.
- Implement mobile app protocols and services.
- Implement mobile security.
- Mitigate mobile network risk.
- Implement incident response.
- Troubleshoot mobile devices and networks.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with computer hardware, networking, and Windows operating systems. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802)
- CompTIA® Network+® Certification (Exam N10-005)