The CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI (Exams LX0-103 and LX0-104) course, developed to cover CompTIA Powered by LPI exams LX0-103 and LX0-104, builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job in any type of Linux career.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If your job duties include Linux troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of Linux-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful. In addition, it assists you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0-103 and LX0-104), in order to become a CompTIA® Linux+™ Certified Professional.
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage user and group accounts.
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- Manage various files in Linux.
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- Print files.
- Manage packages.
- Manage kernel services.
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts.
- Manage jobs and processes.
- Manage system services.
- Configure network services.
- Configure basic Internet services.
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- Install the Linux operating system.
- Configure the GUI.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Logical Operations courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- UNIX and Linux: Fundamentals
- UNIX and Linux: Advanced User
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) (helpful, but not required)