You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you’re ready to take that experience to the next level. CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Exam CAS002) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today’s IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS002) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterpriselevel security.
- Manage risk in the enterprise.
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for storage.
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls.
- Implement security controls for applications.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Conduct incident and emergency responses.
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to conceptualize, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. The target student should aspire to apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; analyze risk impact; and respond to security incidents.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS002. Students seeking CASP certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of handson technical security experience.
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+ (SY0401) course offered by Logical Operations. You may also demonstrate this level of knowledge by passing the Security+ (SY0401) exam.
Although not required, we suggest that you either take the following Logical Operations courses or possess the equivalent knowledge in the areas of computer networking and computer maintenance:
- CompTIA® Network+® (N10005) or CompTIA® Network+® (N10006)
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220801 and 220802)